Historic Tunica Home to Be Restored
Link - A home on Harris Street just west of School Street is getting some much needed attention.
There is some controversy over the original date of construction of the building, but the property on which it sits was deeded in November of 1911 from Annie Irwin to her daughter Amanda Iddella Irwin, who became the wife of the Honorable Judge J.T. Lowe. Many believe that the building was constructed around 1912 by Judge Lowe. Amanda's father, R.C.Irwin, the husband of Annie Irwin, had purchased the property from Town of Tunica founder Mr. E.L. Harris in June of 1887 and later purchased the entire east half of Section 32 on which the Town of Tunica now sits.